Monday, 20 February 2012

My first Glossybox

Hey Everyone,

So I recently signed up to Glossy box after seeing lots of blog posts on it and I really wanted to try it for myself! My first box came this morning and it was wrapped beautifully :) this is what I recieved....





1. Duwop Venom Gloss in the shade 'Buttercup' (5ml)



I've not heard of this brand before so I was excited to try it as I am a HUGE lipgloss lover! And I'm really impressed with it! The colour comes out virtually clear on the lips but with a few sparkles. On the leaflet explaning each of the products it has a note saying that the 'Lip venom may cause a light tingling sensation upon application' I actually read this after I had applied the gloss which then explained why my lips were tingling! It's not uncomfortable it just feels a bit funny!




The gloss contains a 'spicy concoction of cinnamon, wintergreen and ginger with skin softening ingredients like jojoba, avocado and sunflower oil, beeswax for protection, and green tea to sooth'.

To me my lips don't look like they are plumper but they do feel plumper because of the tingling sensation. The gloss lasts a while on the lips as I managed to drink a cup of tea and it stayed put! The full price lipgloss costs £16 (10.4ml) which I think is quite reasonable, I think I may buy a full size version as I have 20% discount from Glossy box, however I think i'll pick a pinky shade.

2. Dr. Bronner Magic Liquid Soap



The packaging of this product looks rather dated however this is the look their going for... This soap is unscented and fair trade. It contains organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils. I like that it is fair trade however I do wish it had a scent to it. Having said that though this soap is great for those with problem skin as it is a mild soap. The bottle is made from recycled plastic which is great as its enviromentally friendly!!

I do like this product but I don't think I'll purchase the full size version even if it's only £1.99 (59ml).

3. Paul Mitchell Round Trip Liquid Curl Definer




This product smells soo nice! I like it when hair products have a nice scent as it makes me think... luxury! This product is designed to define curls and you can apply it to damp or dry hair. It also helps to protect hair against heated appliances. I haven't used this product yet but I'm looking forward to doing so. The full price version is £12.95 (200ml).

4. BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow in 'Dusty Road' (1g)



As soon as I saw this eyeshadow I thought YES this is exactly my kinda colour of eyeshadow! I've not tried any products from this brand before but I really like this one and want to try more of the eyeshadows now! The colour is a yellow gold and you only need a little bit for each eyelid. It can be built up to produce a darker gold and it's fun to experiment with. You can also use it as a gold highlight on the cheeks, the staying power is great too!



The full size version is £7 for 2g and I would definitley buy this again. Be careful when opening the eyeshadow though as if you drop it, it will go everywhere as there is no product dispenser inside!

5. Como Shambhala Invigorate Body Lotion (50ml)



This lotion contains eucalyptus, geranium, lavender and peppermint. I'm not sure if it's meant for the whole body or not?! but it smells like a foot product. Don't get me wrong, it smells lovely! I'm just not sure if I'd use it on my whole body! According to the leaflet provided it 'puts you in a perfectly uplifted mood' which I do agree with! I don't think I'd buy the full size version as it costs £20 for 300ml.

I enjoyed my first Glossybox however I do wish I had recieved a nail polish! Maybe next month!

Did you get Glossybox this month? What did you think of the products?



Let me know please :)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I got exactly the same as you but was a bit disappointed. Some real variations this month on products and I think this was at the bottom. Agree with you on Coco Shambhala, doesn't beat Soap and Glory!

    ReplyDelete