Wednesday, 29 February 2012

17 Miracle Matt Foundation

Hey Everyone,


So I went in to Boots at the weekend to get some false eyelashes and came out with a new foundation and concealer!


I put my Boots Advantage Card in to the machine that they have in every store to see if there were any special offers as I love a bargain! And up popped a voucher for a free '17' Eye Brightening Concealer with any 17 make up product. So I quickly printed the voucher and walked swiftly to the 17 make up stand!


Luckily I got there just in time as there was only one Concealer left! In the shade 'light beige' Now regardless of what shade the concealer was I was having it!!!


I chose to get a foundation to go with this offer as I'm still searching for the perfect one! And one caught my eye as it was called, 'Miracle Matte Foundation' with 'All day shine control'. So I thought, it'll be perfect for my oily skin! I chose the shade 'soft ivory' as it was the lightest.




As soon as I got home I wanted to try this foundation so I took off all my make up with a make up wipe and then moisturised with my Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser. I then applied my Boots No.7 shine control primer and waited 10 mins for it to sink it.


After 10 mins I dispensed some of the foundation on to the back of my hand and then applied it to my face using my fingers. This is how I normally apply my foundation as I find it easier to blend that way.


For some reason this foundation made my primer peel off! And the foundation just wouldnt spread to my face!


So I took off all my make up again with a wipe and just applied moisturiser and allowed that to sink in for 10-15 mins. After the time had passed I tried to apply the foundation with my fingers again, and yet again it wouldnt spread properly! it just wouldnt go over certain parts of face such as under my eyes or around my nose and chin!


I've tried several times to apply this foundation using different moisturisers and primers and using brushes and sponges but it just won't go on right! It just peels!

Has anyone else tried this foundation and found the same? Any tips on how to get it looking better when applied?

As for the concealer, I love it! It's abit too dark for me so next time I'd buy a lighter shade and hopefully there will be more shades to choose from!




I really want this foundation to work for me and I've read some great reviews on it! So what have I been doing wrong?!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award :)
    http://courtney--xo.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete