Sunday, 27 February 2011

Perfect Primers

So for those of you who have oily or combination skin you should already know that a primer is a necessity for keeping skin under control and making your foundation stay for longer. You don't have to have oily skin to use a primer, primers work on all skin types to give a flawless finish after applying foundation over the top.


I'd heard a a lot about a new skin primer from Boots 17 range called 'Photo Flawless skin primer' and at £4.99 for 15ml I just had to try it! The reviews i'd read about it were all positive saying how much of a bargain it was and that it gave great results.... however I have to disagree!



The primer comes in black packaging with gold writing which gives it a nice look, it says on the back that it should be worn alone or under foundation. Ive been using this product for a few days now and my skin has been very shiny due to having an oily skin type. I thought that the primer would control this skin- I was wrong! It hasn't made my foundation last longer at all, my foundation seems to be sliding off my skin! Not good at all! But then again what did I expect for £4.99! This product does not work for oily or combination skin however it would be ideal for those with normal or mature skin.


For an oily skin like mine the best primer ive come across is from The Body Shop. This primer is slightly more expensive at £11.00 for 25ml but it really does the job! It keeps my shine under control and keeps my foundation in place all day! I'd be lost without it! I also think this primer is suitable for all skin types and it helps to minimise large pores.


Have you tried these skin primers? What do you think about them?


xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try the body shop primer, I have been meaning to buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Aibase primer, expensive, but feels amazing!

    http://thedalytopfive.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-five-products-for-flawless-skin.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! LOVE your blog! I subscribed, and I can't wait to read more of your posts!

    Check mine out if you get a chance :)

    ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The body shop primer is also my fave, I use it every day and it lasts ages so I think it's definitely worth the money :)x

    ReplyDelete