Thursday, 20 January 2011

Pretty Perfumes

Being a girl I have loads and loads of perfumes all of which I can remember buying or being given. Not only do i collect perfumes but i also keep the bottles too!

This christmas i got two perfume sets from family, my all time favourite perfume, Vera Wang Princess and one I hadn't tried before which is DKNY Pure.

Vera Wang Princess

I first discovered this perfume when a sample was given out in a magazine and I instantly fell in love with it. I brought it when I went on a College trip to Iceland (the country not the supermarket!) about 3 years ago now. When i wear this perfume it just reminds me of all the good times I had on that trip and other happy times Ive had whilst wearing this perfume. Since then Ive gone through 4 bottles of it!


For christmas I was given the Vera Wang Princess box set which included the perfume 30ml, a satin body lotion 75ml and a lipgloss keychain.
Now the box set does look like it's aimed at teenagers with it's purple, pink and gold colouring but the smell is quite grown up. The perfume shop describes it as having a mixture of water lily, apple, mandarin meringue, and golden apricot skin, dark chocolate, amber, musk, and vanilla.
I agree that it smells of vanilla and musk but I don't understand where they got dark chocolate from! I like to put 2-3 spritz's of this perfume on depending on where i'm going and because I love the scent so much!

The satin lotion smells nice and strong just like the perfume which is a pleasant suprise as sometimes the smell is only very faint. The lotion leaves a nice glow on the skin and the scent lasts for hours. I did take a picture but unfortuantly the glow it gives the skin does not show up in photos.

The lipgloss keychain is also a really nice gift and the glosses are wearable, ive worn the darker one out and it lasted all evening I would say it is more of a lipstain than lipgloss.




Overall this is a lovely giftset and it is still my favourite perfume which I can see myself buying for years to come regardless of the packaging!


The giftset retails at around £35 depending on where you purchase it.

DKNY Pure

This perfume was a gift from family which I did not know I was getting. I like recieving perfumes from people as it is interesting to see what they choose for you and why!

I really like the scent of this perfume (50ml)  it reminds me of a holiday perfume as it's very light and summery. DKNY describe it as: 'More than a scent, a drop of vanilla sourced from Africa, a drop of goodwill'.
It does smell of vanilla and I can imagine someone very ladylike wearing this scent. The scent lasts all day and one spritz is normally enough.


The gift set also came with a 100ml body butter which is nice and creamy, ideal for putting on after a bath. The scent is strong when applied but does disappear quite quickly unlike the actual perfume.

The DKNY perfume set comes in beautiful packaging, suitable for a sophisticated lady! I no longer have the packaging for this perfume so this picture is from Debenhams.



The gift set ranges in price from £35-44 depending on the time of year.


Have you tried either of these perfumes? What is your favourite? I'd like your recommendations as i'm always up for trying out new ones!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment